Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right



She started the record player. Closed her eyes and sat in her room, with a candle lit, and listened to the song.

She thought to herself...
'I'm going to listen to this entire song. I'm going to remember every moment of happiness between us during this song, and when this song is over, I will never let him cross my thoughts again. You will be removed from my thought process and I wish you well as I live out my life. This is my goodbye song."


The guitar started strumming.

"Well, it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
If you don't know by now
And it ain't no use to sit and wonder why, babe
It'll never do somehow
When your rooster crows at the break of dawn.
Look out your window, and I'll be gone
You're the reason I'm a-traveling on
But don't think twice, it's all right."

There we were. Remember us? We were so young. So in love. Happy. Pure ignorant happiness.
But it all came in short clips, like an entire 2 hour movie, snipped into moments...seconds.
As Dylan sang, his voice so honest and blunt, I listened to him and remembered.

Moments of bursting laughter. Kissing. Playing in the snow. Listening to music. Holding hands. Every moment of our time together condensed into a song.
But what a song.

Then Dylan's harmonica scrambles out, and it felt like those joyous images turned into smoke and disappeared.

"And It ain't no use in turning on your light, babe The light I never knowed
And it ain't no use in turning on your light, babe
I'm on the dark side of the road
But I wish there was somethin' you would do or say
To try and make me change my mind and stay
But we never did too much talking anyway
But don't think twice, it's all right.

Harmonica..images....smiles....kisses....smoke...dark


So It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal
Like you never done before
And It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal
I can't hear you any more
I'm a-thinking and a-wonderin' walking down the road
I once loved a woman, a child I am told
I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul
But don't think twice, it's all right."

Harmonica..images....smiles....kisses...dates..drive-in..sledding..strong hands..lips..
Becoming foggy...smoke...darkness

"So long honey babe.
Where I'm bond, I can't tell
Goodbye is too good a word, babe.
So I'll just say farethewell.
I ain't saying you treated me unkind,
You could have done better but I don't mind
You just kinda wasted my precious time
But don't think twice it's alright."

Harmonica goes in and out and everything get smokier and darker...She gets happier and happier knowing this is it!
She opens her eyes....

No comments:

Post a Comment